Commercial Energy Programs in Saskatchewan
SaskEnergy Commercial Boiler Rebate Program
The commercial boiler rebate encourages the use of a high-efficiency natural gas condensing boiler to maximize energy cost savings while reducing the greenhouse gas emissions.
- Equipment must be purchased and installed through a participating SaskEnergy Network Member
- Boiler plants must be over 400 MBH
- Only eligible equipment qualifies
- Minimum 90% thermal efficiency for replacements
- Minimal 95% thermal efficiency for new installations
- Must be a SaskEnergy Commercial customer
- Property is located in Saskatchewan
You can read more about the rebate program here. The Boiler Program does not seem to have an end date or deadline and can be accessed and applied to at any time.
Commercial HVAC Program
Incentive based on the type, size, and number of units installed and range from $300 – $2,000
Funding details and eligibility details that may change based on your commercial needs can be found here on their website.
Commercial Lighting Incentive
The Commercial Lighting Incentive provides non-residential customers in Saskatchewan with access to selected premium energy efficient lighting equipment (including Energy Star certified light fixtures) at a discounted price. The program is hassle-free and can help to significantly lower a business’ electricity costs.
- The incentive is open to any Saskatchewan business that purchases lighting equipment through an electrical contractor.
- The equipment purchased must be on the Qualified Product list and be sourced from one of the programs participating distributors.
More information can be found here.
Industrial Energy Optimization Program
This program is designed to help industrial facilities systematically identify energy waste and reduce the cost associated with electrical energy use during the production process. It offers participants personalized support geared at improving the efficiency of process operations, leading to reduced costs, emissions, and impact on the environment.
Funding available – The program offers financial incentives for the identification, development, and implementation of energy management and capital projects.
- Industrial facilities operating in Saskatchewan,
- Your facility’s primary purpose is the manufacturing or processing of goods, or the extraction of raw materials,
- Your facility operates under North American industry classification system (NAICS) codes 21, 22, 31, 32, 33, or 486, and,
- Your facility has an annual average of monthly peak demand equal to or greater than 1.00 MVA (megavolt ampere) and is served by SaskPower standard rates, time of use rates, or oil field standard rates.
You can learn more about this program here.