RiteRate Energy’s Residential Electricity Plans
RiteRate Energy no longer offers electricity plans in Ontario.
Back in 2016, these were some of the electricity plans RiteRate had available:
- AnyTime: A 5-year variable-rate plan that charges the HOEP rate, plus a $5.99 monthly fee.
- Fixed Adder: A 5-year variable-rate plan that charges the HOEP rate, plus 1 cent per kWh of electricity used.
Current Natural Gas Plans
UPDATE: As of July 1st, 2022, RiteRate no longer offers residential natural gas or electricity services in Ontario.
RiteRate’s natural gas plans used to include the following:
- Fixed Rate: A natural gas plan available with 1, 3, and 5-year terms. Customers are charged a fixed rate for each cubic metre of natural gas used, with the rate depending upon the term length.
- Capped Rate: A semi-variable rate plan that combines the benefits of fixed and variable rate plans. During winter (from December to February), customers pay the lower of the fixed or monthly rate. From March to November, customers pay the monthly variable rate and can get the most out of their bulk purchasing options.
- Variable Rate: A floating rate that changes on a monthly basis according to the current natural gas prices.
History of RiteRate Energy
RiteRate Energy is a Canadian company founded in 2004. According to the energy retailer, they have thousands of customers across Canada in both small and large communities. RiteRate used to serve residential and commercial energy consumers with both electricity and natural gas, but, as of 2020, it only offers natural gas plans. The company is one of the longest standing natural gas retailers in Ontario and has sold over 715 million cubic metres of natural gas in Canada.
RiteRate has a strong focus on customer services, which is in part confirmed by the company’s four service goals:
- An easy, no pressure sign-up process.
- A clear and easy to understand contract.
- No call center voice mail: direct access to their team.
- Guaranteed and transparent pricing.
Canadian RiteRate Energy reviews
Consumers on Google seem to like RiteRate Energy. As of 2020, the company has an average of 5 stars out of 5 on the platform and most customers highlight the energy provider’s friendly, hassle-free customer service.
65 Queen Street West, Suite 1220, Toronto, ON M5H 2M5
Consumers can contact RiteRate via phone or email:
RiteRate green energy options
Alongside the natural gas options, RiteRate Energy also offers renewable energy plans. Whether for homes or industrial and commercial settings, RiteRate relies on biogas to provide consumers with a green energy option that also happens to be easy to apply to your home or commercial facility, since it requires the regular natural gas structure.