SaskEnergy Commercial Boiler Program
The SaskEnergy Commercial Boiler program is an incentive offered through SaskEnergy to promote the use of efficient natural gas commercial space-heating boiler systems. In order to qualify for this incentive program, an input of 400,000 BTU minimum rating is required. The calculated incentives for installing a high efficiency boiler are as follows:
- First 600,000 BTU/hour results in an incentive of $10 per 1,000 BTU/hour
- Above 600,000 BTU/hour results in an incentive of $3 per 1,000 BTU/hour
- Maximum incentive is $40,200
This incentive is only available until November 30, 2019.
SaskEnergy Commercial HVAC Program
The SaskEnergy Commercial HVAC Program is an incentive offered through SaskEnergy to promote the use of efficient natural gas boilers, furnaces, rooftop units, and infrared radiant heaters.
- Furnaces used in new construction furnace in replacement construction that qualify as ENERGY STAR 95% AFUE qualify for incentives of $300 and $650, respectively.
- Boilers are eligible for an incentive of $10 per 1000 BTU/hour of the boiler input for eligible boilers that use less than 400,000 Btu/hour at 90%+ AFUE.
- Rooftop units are eligible for an incentive of $500 per unit with an added incentive of $100 per ton for units that do not exceed 20 tons, provide two stages of heating, and are installed with an economizer.
- IR radiant heaters for natural gas units with productions of 40,000-99,999 BTU/hour and 100,000-299,999 BTU/hour, to be used for indoor heating, are eligible for incentives of $300 and $500, respectively. This incentive is only available until the last day of November 2019.
SaskPower Commercial Energy Optimization Program
The Commercial Energy Optimization Program is available for large scale electricity consumers who wish to identify instances of energy waste in their operations. The program is open to commercial, large agricultural, and small industrial customers, as well as those who use more than 450,000 kWh per year, and pay a demand charge one or more times a year.
SaskPower will work with you to develop a plan for reducing your energy footprint, and upon agreeing to the project, will pay for half the cost of an energy waste study for project development, up to a total of $5000.
SaskPower Energy Efficiency Incentives for Qualified Products
SaskPower recognizes that businesses and industrial operations rely upon energy intensive appliances, lighting solutions, and other products. Not having these items is not an option. This is why SaskPower offers commercial incentives designed to help Saskatchewan business owners pay for the purchase of more energy efficient products.
SaskPower currently maintains qualified products lists for commercial lighting, commercial refrigeration, and compressed air systems.
- To qualify for the lighting incentive, you must simply purchase products on the qualified products list from one of the participating distributors found on the list.
- For the commercial refrigeration incentive, refer to the qualified products list, and work with your contractor to obtain and fill out the application form, and submit it along with the requested receipts and product specification sheets. Rebates are capped to a maximum of $15,000 per location, and $50,000 per business, per year.
- For details on the compressed air system incentive, please refer to Compressed Air System Program
SaskPower Demand Response Program
During periods of exceptionally high electricity demand, it can be come impossible for SaskPower to fully meet demand. To remedy this issue, SaskPower has implemented the Demand Response Program. Large industrial energy customer with high consumption characteristics that are able to reduce their load by at least 5 megawatts per event are eligible to participate in the program.
There are two program options offered by SaskPower. Both involve power reduction periods of 4 hours, with a maximum of 15 events and 60 hours per year. Under the first program, participants will have 12 minutes’ notice from SaskPower, while under the second program 2 hours’ notice will be provided. To compensate for the reduced notice, participants in the first program are eligible for a significantly greater payout per megawatt of reduced consumption.
Those interested should contact SaskPower for more information.