What is Get Energy?
Get Energy (also known as Get Energy Corp) is a local energy provider partnered with UTILITYnet that was founded in 2014 in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, which includes Fort McMurray, Fort Chipewyan, Anzac and other hamlets. UTILITYnet helps small, Alberta-based companies enter the energy market so that consumers have more choice.
Get Energy plans and services
Get Energy provides both fixed and floating energy rates – here is a quick summary of the plans they offer for both fixed and floating electricity and natural gas services. Note that for any of these plans, you may cancel at any time with no penalty if 10 days of notice is given. All plans include a monthly admin fee.
Get Energy Fixed Electricity Rate Plans
- Flex 1 (+prudential) – Price is guaranteed for one year
- Flex 3 (+prudential + 100% green) – Price is guaranteed for three years
- Flex 3 (+prudential) – Price is guaranteed for three years
- Flex 3 (no prudential required) – Price is guaranteed for three years
- Flex 5 Summer Solar Club Rate – Price is guaranteed for three years. This plan is available seasonally for net exporters of energy, or people who export more energy than they import during the months of April-September.
Get Energy Fixed Natural Gas Rates
- Flex 1 (+prudential) – Price is guaranteed for one year.
- Flex 1 (no prudential required) – Price is guaranteed for one year
Get Energy Floating Electricity Rate
- Floating electricity rates vary by month. The floating rate for electricity is calculated as the cost of energy plus the retailer’s margin – you can find more information here.
Get Energy Floating Natural Gas Rate
- Floating natural gas rates vary by month. Like with electricity floating rates, the floating rate for natural gas is calculated as the cost of energy plus the retailer’s margin.
In addition to regular fixed and floating energy rates, Get Energy also provides green energy plans in partnership with Green Alberta Energy. Buying green energy credits only requires contacting Get Energy and deciding how much of your monthly energy bill you’d like to be green – there’s no minimum.
Get Energy contact
Below is a list of Get Energy’s contact information:
- Website: GetEnergy.ca
- Customer Support Phone Number: (780) 665-4771
- Customer Support Fax Number: (780) 665-4771
- Customer Support E-mail: [email protected]
- Other inquiries: (780) 665-4771 ext 100
- E-mail for other inquiries: [email protected]
- Get Energy Reply Form: Leave a Reply form
- Get Energy My Account Link: My Account
Get Energy Solar Installation Services
Get Energy has partnerships with various solar installation companies across Canada and can assist consumers with finding the nearest and most appropriate installation company on their official solar page.
Get Energy Internet
Get Energy provides high-speed internet services throughout Western Canada – all plans come with unlimited usage and a free modem rental. You can find out more about the available modems here.
Currently, Get Energy offers 4 different Internet plans.
- Internet 75 – Provides 75 Mbps download / 7.5 Mpbs upload speed
- Internet 150 – Provides 150 Mbps download / 15 Mpbs upload speed
- Internet 300 – Provides up to 300 Mbps download / 20 Mpbs upload speed
- Internet 750 – Provides up to 750 Mbps download / 20 Mpbs upload
Get Energy address
Get Energy’s address is as follows:
Suite 200, 1316 9th Avenue SE, Calgary, AB, T2G 0T3
Get Energy reviews
On Google Reviews, Get Energy has 4.8 stars. On Facebook reviews, Get Energy has a rating of 5.0.
Overall, the reviews for Get Energy are quite positive – consumers on online review platforms found that switching energy providers to Get Energy was seamless, and that Get Energy’s customer service is exceptional.
Now that you’ve learned about one of the energy providers available in Alberta, you may want to find out more about your other local energy retailers – you have plenty of options in Alberta, after all. Maybe you’ve been contemplating switching to a new provider to lower your electricity and natural gas rates.
If you’re stuck on how to start, EnergyRates.ca can help. The website is a free and unbiased cost comparison tool that can help you compare all the available energy rates in Alberta (or alternatively, all available energy rates in BC, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan or Québec).
Using EnergyRates.ca is simple – all you need to do is fill in your postal code in the form above and you’ll be able to see all the best electricity or natural gas rates in your area.