The energy industry has always lived with one foot in the present and the other in the future. With many major projects—power plants, dams, pipelines—having development times measured in decades, success depends upon anticipating the needs of companies and countries in the years ahead.
We look forward to seeing what the next great minds bring to this ever-transforming industry, and want to do our part in assisting those great minds achieve their goals and dreams. This is why Energy Rates is offering a $500 scholarship to any student enrolled in an American or Canadian post-secondary educational institution. Whether you need to pay for your classes or textbooks, or just to put food on the table this semester, it’s yours to do with as you please. All you have to do to be considered for the scholarship is write an essay, no more than 500 words in length, telling us where you see the future of the energy industry.
Scholarship Essay Prompt
You can talk about anything you want—green energy, oil politics, the continued use of nuclear power, your personal ideas and innovations—so long as it’s about energy in the world of tomorrow. What do you think people will be reading about in the news in a few years?
- The deadline for entry submission is January 31, 2023. Any submissions submitted after 11:59 PM MST on January 31st will not be eligible for consideration.
- Essays must be submitted in one of the following document formats: Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX), Rich Text File (RTF), or Adobe Acrobat (PDF).
- Please use a standard, easily read font, such as Times New Roman, Arial, Calibri, etc.
- To submit your entry, please use the submission form below. All fields must be filled in–name, email address, and current address. Do NOT forget to attach your essay to your submission.
EnergyRates.Ca Scholarship Entry Rules and Requirements
Please note, failure to meet all of the requirements listed below may result in disqualification.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an American or Canadian post-secondary educational institution, or planning to enroll in such an institution within the following calendar year.
- The subject of the essay must fall within the parameters described above.
- The essay must be written in English or French, and have a length of no more than 500 words (not including title, applicant name, etc).
- The scholarship funds must be used for some education-related expense, such as tuition, books, school fees, room and board, etc.
- The winner of the scholarship grants EnergyRates.Ca non-exclusive publication rights to their essay, so that we can feature their winning essay on our scholarship site.
- EnergyRates.Ca reserves the right to select a panel of judges and scoring methodology at its own discretion.